I’m really into photography right now. I love how people can get those amazing dewy colors out of an image. I though that it was just the camera. But after doing some research I discovered it’s in photoshop. I’m a newb so I know that every picture is photoshopped one way or the other. But I really know nothing about professional photography.
I found this great tutorial on this website and actually tried it. How do you think I did?
Here we go…
1. Open your image in Photoshop. Duplicate it once. Select the duplicate image on your layer palette and set the blending mode to Soft Light.
2. Go to Layer > New Fill Layer > Solid Color. Choose a really dark blue. I use #070144. Set this Fill Layer to Exclusion.
3. Go to Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Levels. Slide the black slider to the right a little bit to increase the intensity of the coloring.
4. Add another Color Fill layer. Go to Layer > New Fill Layer > Solid Color. Choose a light orange. I use #de9b82. Set this Color Fill Layer to Soft Light with opacity of 75%.
5. Go to Layer > New Fill Layer > Solid Color. Choose a light pink. I used #fed1eb. Then, set this Fill Layer to Soft Light with 50% opacity.
6. Add another Color Fill Layer. Go to Layer > New Fill Layer > Solid Color. Select a dark blue. Again, I use #070144. Set this Color Fill Layer to Exclusion, opacity 100%.
7. Duplicate your original image. And bring this duplicate layer on top of all the layers. Set it to Soft Light.
And that’s it! Whew! Sorry if that confuses the heck out of you…hope it helps at least a little!